Corporate travel during the winter months can be more complex than ever. The uptick in travel means business travellers will share the roads and the airports with novice travellers, resulting in greater travel congestion. Lower your risk and increase your efficiency with these simple travel tips.
Renting a car?
- Lines will be longer during heavy travel months, so plan ahead. Rent your car online, bring the appropriate links or paperwork, and confirm your reservation before arriving at the car rental agency.
- Accidents happen when drivers are distracted. Lower your risk by planning routes in your phone or GPS system prior to getting on the road.
- Understand your corporate policy regarding staff travel insurance or business travel insurance before getting behind the wheel by checking with your risk management department.
- Avoid assumptions on roadside safety. Review your contract prior to getting on the road, so that you are prepared in the event of a flat or an accident.
Travelling by plane?
- Stay hydrated and move around during your flight at least every hour to maintain circulation and decrease the likelihood of health risks such as deep vein thrombosis.
- Travel with back-up copies of important paperwork such as visas, passports, or personal identification cards.
- Speak to your risk management department prior to travel determine what steps to take in the event of an illness or an accident during travel.
- Obtain copies of the corporate travel insurance or individual travel insurance offered by your employer in the event of a flight cancellation or emergency.
Staying in a hotel?
- Determine the parameters of your employee travel insurance prior to travelling, so that you understand the risks associated with valuables left in your hotel room.
- If you lose a reservation due to travel interruption, corporate travel insurance may help. Have your policy number on hand, so you are prepared to deal with unexpected travel emergencies.
We’ve had over 30 years of experience managing risk and protecting our clients. Contact us for a no-obligation, free insurance review, so that you can achieve confident and comfortable travel this winter.